Caroline Budden is a Family Law specialist particularly in the public and private law aspects of the Children Act, adoption, wardship and related social services law and child abduction. She is recommended in the Chambers Directory as a Leading Junior in Childcare work.
Caroline Budden is experienced in lecturing in the public and private law aspects of the Children Act, Adoption and the Human Rights Act.
Re MIG (Incapacitated adult) and MEG (Incapacitated minor), Surrey County Council, CA (2010) EWHC 785 (Fam)
Decision of Parker J in the Court of Protection in relation to Deprivation of Liberty.
Judgement recently affirmed by the Court of Appeal (Judgement of 28 February 2011)
Cases of Interest
- Re L (a child) and Re H (a child)  EWCA Civ 213
- In the matter of C (Children)  EWCA Civ 1765
- Re K: K and K v P and P  EWHC Fam 1954  1 FLR 303 (Adoption)
- Re T (Judicial Review: Local Authority Decisions Concerning Child in need)  1 FLR 601
- Re V (Jurisdiction: Habitual Residence)  1 FLR 253
Appointments & Memberships
- Recorder (2000)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- Alfred Colfox School, Bridport, Dorset
- Bristol University (LL.B Hons)