Helen practises in all areas of family law.
Private Law Children: Helen regularly acts in all areas of private law children work involving applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and relocation cases. She has experience of cases involving both serious domestic violence allegations and the Local Authority, including circumstances where a Guardian has been appointed and a fact-finding hearing has been necessary.
Matrimonial Finance and Divorce: Helen practises in all aspects of matrimonial finance, including Schedule 1 and TOLATA claims. She also has experience of related enforcement proceedings.
Family Law Act Proceedings and Injunctions: Helen acts for partners and spouses in FLA applications and injunctive proceedings.
Public Children Act Proceedings: Helen deals with all aspects of care proceedings, and is available to act for Local Authorities, parents, Guardians and extended family members. She has experience of acting for parents convicted of Schedule One offences.
Child Abduction: Helen is able to act in High Court Hague Convention, and non-Convention child abduction cases. During her pupillage Helen has been involved in all stages of such applications including contested final hearings.
- University of Leeds: BA(Hons) Philosophy and Politics (First Class); LLM Master of Laws
- City Law School, London: Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding)
Scholarships and Prizes
- Inner Temple Princess Royal Scholarship
- Inner Temple Award for Performance on the BPTC
- Overall winner of the Inter-Inn Mooting Competition
- Full academic scholarship to attend the European Universities Debating Championship, Allen and Overy British Parliamentary Competition winner (University of Leeds)
- Member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association