Lucia completed her pupillage at 1 King’s Bench Walk under the supervision of Madeleine Reardon, Alexander Chandler and Nicholas Anderson. Prior to joining 1 King’s Bench Walk she was a solicitor in the litigation and arbitration department at Linklaters LLP, and in the family and child care department at a family firm, undertaking her own advocacy.
Lucia practises in all areas of family law.
Private Law Children – Lucia regularly acts in all areas of private law children work involving applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders. She has experience in complex cases, for example involving parental alienation or the Local Authority, including cases in which a Guardian has been appointed. During pupillage she also gained experience of international and domestic relocation proceedings.
Finance & Divorce – Lucia practises in all aspects of family finance, including applications pursuant to Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 or TOLATA 1996, and enforcement proceedings.
Public Law Children – Lucia is available to act in public law children proceedings, for Local Authorities, parents, Guardians and extended family members. She was previously employed by a Local Authority, both in the public health department (children and families team) and to work alongside children’s services in a research role.
Child Abduction – During her pupillage, Lucia was involved in all stages of child abduction cases in the High Court, from ex parte applications to contested final hearings.
Domestic Violence & Injunctions – Lucia has experience of acting in all stages of Family Law Act proceedings. She has experience of urgent, without notice applications and has acted in cases involving serious allegations of domestic violence and abuse.
- University College London: Master of Laws (LLM) specialising in family and child law, public law and human rights, Distinction
- University of Law, Moorgate: Legal Practice Course, Distinction
- City Law School, London: Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction
- King’s College London: BA History, First Class Honours
- King’s College London: Associate of King’s College – Ethics and Theology (AKC), Distinction
Scholarships and Prizes
- Gray’s Inn: Mould Scholarship (senior scholarship for pupils of exceptional merit); Lee Essay Prize
- UCL: Master of the Rolls Scholarship; Finalist in LLM mooting competition
- KCL: First Leathes Prize for highest score in AKC
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn