Helen is a family law specialist and maintains a wide-ranging practice in all areas of family law.
Matrimonial Finance and Divorce: Helen practises in all aspects of matrimonial finance and is experienced in all stages of such proceedings, including those related to enforcement. In addition, Helen advises in relation to and appears in claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Private Law Children: Helen is frequently instructed to act for parents in applications for orders under Children Act 1989, including applications for internal/international relocation. She regularly acts in cases with the most serious of allegations, including where there are issues of parental alienation and intractable contact disputes.
Public Children Act Proceedings: Helen acts for parents, children, extended family members and Local Authorities at all stages care and adoption proceedings. She has experience of dealing with cases involving allegations of non-accidental injury, fabricated or induced illness, sexual and physical abuse, domestic violence, drug misuse and neglect.
International Child Abduction: Helen is regularly instructed to appear in the High Court in cases involving international child abduction and is available to act at short notice in urgent cases.
Family Law Act Proceedings and Injunctions: Helen acts for partners and spouses in Family Law Act applications and injunctive proceedings.
- University of Leeds: BA(Hons) Philosophy and Politics (First Class); LLM Master of Laws
- City Law School, London: Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding)
Scholarships and Prizes
- Inner Temple Princess Royal Scholarship
- Inner Temple Award for Performance on the BPTC
- Overall winner of the Inter-Inn Mooting Competition
- Full academic scholarship to attend the European Universities Debating Championship, Allen and Overy British Parliamentary Competition winner (University of Leeds)
- Contributor to the 2016 issue of Atkin’s Court Forms, Family: Relationships and their Breakdown
- Member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association