Millie completed her pupillage at 1 King’s Bench Walk under the supervision of Harry Oliver, Nicola Fox and Nicholas Anderson. Prior to joining 1 King’s Bench Walk she worked for the Law Commission on their Property, Family and Trust Law Team.
Millie practises in all areas of family law.
Private Law Children – Millie regularly acts in all areas of private law children work involving applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders. She has experience in cases involving serious allegations of domestic violence, parental alienation and the involvement of the Local Authority.
Finance & Divorce – Millie practises in all aspects of matrimonial finance, including Schedule 1 claims. Millie has also acted in ToLATA proceedings and has experience in enforcement proceedings. During her time at the Law Commission, Millie worked on the Matrimonial Property, Needs and Agreements report, as well as on the Enforcement of Family Financial Orders project.
Public Law Children – Millie is available to act in all stages of public law children proceedings and for Local Authorities, parents, Guardians and extended family members.
Child Abduction – During her pupillage, Millie was involved in all stages of child abduction work, including ex parte hearings and contested trials.
Domestic Violence and Injunctions – Millie has experience of acting in all stages of Family Law Act proceedings and in cases involving both non-molestation and occupation orders. She has experience of urgent, without notice applications and has acted in cases involving serious allegations of domestic violence and abuse.
- University of Cambridge, Magdalene College: BA (Hons) Law (First Class)
- City Law School, London: Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding)
Scholarships and Prizes
- Inner Temple Award for Performance on the BPTC
- Bundy Scholarship for performance in university final exams
- Orlando Bridgman Prize for Law – awarded by Magdalene College, Cambridge
- RWM Dias Mooting Trophy – awarded by Magdalene College, Cambridge
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple