Anna is a QC specialising in private and public law children cases. Anna deals with domestic and international relocation and contact issues and adoption, disputes as to living arrangements and all aspects of parenting including disputes relating to medical, religious, education, and name or identity issues. In her public law work Anna is renowned for successfully managing complex cases involving child deaths, NAI, FII, Child Trafficking and sexual abuse and is highly experienced acting for parents, children and local authorities.
Anna has a wide experience acting for high profile private individuals, public bodies, victims and perpetrators of sexual and physical abuse and CAFCASS.
Anna is highly experienced in all aspects of private law children work including:
- domestic and international relocation
- intractable and alienation contact issues
- adoption, domestic and international
- disputes as to living & care arrangements
- disputes relating to medical intervention,
- disputes relating to religious upbringing, (including so-called extreme religions or cults)
- disputes relating to education, and
- name or identity issues.
Private Law Children cases of interest
- AS v TH (False Allegations of Abuse)  EWHC 532 (Fam)
- V (A Child), Re Court of Appeal (Civil Division), 19 November 2013  EWCA Civ 1649
In her public law work Anna is renowned for successfully managing complex cases involving child deaths, NAI, FII, Child Trafficking and sexual abuse and is highly experienced acting for parents, children and local authorities. Anna has a wide experience acting for public bodies, victims and perpetrators of sexual and physical abuse and CAFCASS.
The areas of work includes
- alleged child sexual abuse, recent and historic and ‘paedophile rings’;
- cases concerning severe physical injury or death,
- cases with highly complex medical evidence, FII, fractures, bone and/or genetic complications;
- alleged domestic abuse, forced marriage; child trafficking;
- allegations of witchcraft/ritual abuse
- neglect and alleged alcohol or illegal substance misuse
Public Law Children cases of interest
- Re C (Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage Fact Finding)  EWHC 3449 (Fam)
- A Local Authority v X & Ors  EWHC 874( diplomatic immunity)
- M (A Child)  EWCA Civ 2445
- M-F (Children)  EWCA Civ 991 (15 July 2014) View case notes
- B (A Child) (Care Proceedings: Appeal), Re Supreme Court, 12 June 2013  UKSC 33;  H.R.L.R. 29;  3 All E.R. 929;  2 F.L.R. 1075;  2 F.C.R. 525;  1 W.L.R. 1911;  Fam. Law 946; (2013) 157(24) S.J.L.B. 37 View case notes
- L (A Child) (Interim Care Order: Extended Family), Re Court of Appeal (Civil Division), 13 March 2013  EWCA Civ 179;  2 F.L.R. 302;  Fam. Law 672; (2013) 157(11) S.J.L.B. 31 View case notes
Anna’s children work includes cases with international disputes including child abduction, applications under the Hague Convention, applications for permission to relocate and decisions about a child’s habitual residence.
Reputation & Awards
"A brilliant silk and a joy to work with, she's calm, sensible and considered. Her submissions are clever, well thought out and carry great weight."CHAMBERS AND PARTNERS 2020
“A brilliant silk and a joy to work with, she’s calm, sensible and considered. Her submissions are clever, well thought out and carry great weight.” – Chambers & Partners, 2020
“Her bedside manner, written work and advocacy are out of this world. She’s committed to her client’s case and will fight their corner harder than anyone else.” – Chambers & Partners, 2020
Anna is ranked as a leading practitioner in Legal 500. Peer professionals say of Anna
‘An excellent barrister for children’s cases. Charming and persuasive but tough when required. However nightmarish the case, there’s a sense of relief when she’s on your side.’ and ‘She eloquently delivers sound, focused arguments and is a woman of great dynamism.’ – a professional clieint
‘She’s just brilliant. She’s a fantastic advocate who is able to maintain sympathy for whoever she is examining but also get the evidence she wants. She’s a really excellent advocate, who is lovely with clients and very child-focused.’ – Chambers & Partners 2018, New Silk
- Leeds University (1992 2.1 BA Hons Economics and History)
- College of Law (1993 CPE)
- Bar Vocational School (1994).
- Family Law Bar Association
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple