Private Children Proceedings – Andrea advises and acts for parents, extended family members and children in all types of private children matters. She has particular expertise in the following:
- Serious allegations of physical, emotional and sexual harm.
- Substance misuse and mental illness.
- Involvement of local authorities (s.47 investigations, CIN and CP Plans).
- Relocation cases (both international and internal).
- International child abduction.
- Disputes such as parentage, change of name, schooling and religious upbringing.
- Cases involving lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender parents.
Public Children Proceedings – Andrea regularly acts for local authorities, parents, extended family members and children in care proceedings, including applications for secure accommodation orders. She is experienced in dealing with complex cases involving very serious harm such as non-accidental injuries, sexual abuse and chronic neglect.
Marriage and Divorce – Andrea deals with all areas of marriage and divorce to include prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and annulment cases.
Family Finance – Andrea undertakes all forms of family finance work including injunctive proceedings, applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act and the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act. She also has experience of subsequent enforcement proceedings.
Injunctive Proceedings – Andrea has experience in dealing with injunctions under the Family Law Act and the Protection from Harassment Act in the County Court and the High Court.
Court of Protection – Andrea advises and acts for all parties in proceedings conducted in the Court of Protection.
Dispute Resolution – Andrea is a qualified mediator and accepts cases involving parents in dispute in respect of their children
Andrea has a background in criminal work which not only gives her a sound knowledge of the criminal justice system where there is overlap between criminal and family proceedings, but it is also of use in relation to conducting fact-finding hearings.
Andrea accepts both publicly funded and private work (including direct access) and frequently travels to all areas of the south eastern circuit, parts of the western circuit and occasionally to the midland and northern circuits.
- G v P  EWCC (28/02/2013)
- A County Council v L  EWHC 730 (Fam)
Appointments and Memberships
- Member of Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocacy trainer for Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Oxford University (Brasenose College)
- Hardwicke (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Wolfson (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Sally Ball Award (3 Paper Buildings)
- Keble College International Advanced Advocacy Course (Lincoln’s Inn)