We cover all aspects of Education Law including school admissions and exclusions, special educational needs, further education and cases involving Higher Education.
We accept instructions from parents, NGOs including charities, schools, colleges, universities and Local Education Authorities and school governing bodies, both from the maintained and the independent education sectors.
Our work in Education Law involves:
- The establishment and operation of academies and free schools
- Reinstatement of pupils excluded from education
- The jurisdiction of the First-tier Tribunal (and appeals)
- The contents of Statements of Special Educational Needs and the inclusion into mainstream of pupils with SEN
- Appeals from the FTT
- Judicial review challenges for provision of SEN
- Educational discrimination including on grounds of disability, sex, race, sexual identity or religion
- GTC and other professional disciplinary matters
- Admissions (and judicial review/discrimination challenges)
- School closures
- Educational negligence and other damages claims in both maintained and independent schools