Anthony Kirk QC
Anthony Kirk QC has a Family Law practice with particular expertise in the areas of children, child care cases and international child abduction.
Anthony has considerable experience of dealing with cases involving complex medical material, to include trauma to the brain, skull injuries, sexual abuse and alleged fabricated illness. He has frequently represented parents with learning and physical disabilities. He has been instructed in the most complex of adoption cases.
As a member of the Bar, Anthony has unrivalled expertise in the field of private law mediation involving children. It continues to form a substantial part of his practice. Referrals have come from the higher courts, as well as from leading firms of solicitors and directly, through reputation. He has also trained as a collaborative lawyer.
Anthony remains in much demand as a speaker at conferences up and down the country and does his best to fulfil these requests.
He is the Deputy Head of Chambers.
Chambers and Partners 2015: ‘He’s amazing. He’s so eloquent, he doesn’t even have to look at his notes. I could sit and listen to him all day when he’s on his feet.’
Cases of Interest
- Re P  2 FLR 1109 (CA) – adoption and breach of care plan
- Re W  1 FLR 727 (CA) – abduction and domestic violence
- Re H  EWCA Civ. 319 – Art 12 of the Hague Convention and settlement
- Re F  EWCA Civ. 1426 – appeal against indirect contact order
- Re Z  2006 1 FLR 405 (FD) – parenting plans in children cases
- Clayton v Clayton  EWCA Civ. 878 – parenting plans in children cases
- Re S: WSP v Hull City Council  1 FLR 90 (CA) – unilateral instruction of experts in care cases
- Re XYZ (Minors)  EWHC 402 – disclosure of documents in care cases
- Re XYZ (Minors)  EWHC 1267 – costs awards against local authorities
- Re S (A Child)  UKSC 10 – Art 13(b) of the Hague Convention and its proper construction
- MA v Camden  EWCA Civ. 1340 – appeal against refusal to revoke placement orders
- Re L & M (Children)  EWHC 1569 (Fam.) – disputed radiological evidence
- Re B (Child Evidence)  EWCA Civ. 1015 – the evidence of children in private law cases
Appointments & Memberships
- Member of the SE Circuit
- Member of Resolution
- Chairman of the FLBA (2006-2007)
- Hon Life Vice-President of the FLBA
- Member of the FMA
- Member of the MOJ Task Force on Mediation
- Member of the Bar Council ADR Group
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Bencher of Gray’s Inn
- Ipswich School and King Edward VII School, Lytham
- Kings College London LL.B (Hons)
- A.K.C. London