Elizabeth Selman’s practice covers both matrimonial finance and private law children work. She also undertakes Sch 1 cases. This breadth can provide clients with the significant advantage of retaining her for both potential areas of dispute following marital or relationship breakdown.
Elizabeth is equally at ease with cases involving complex factual disputes or points of law. She has extensive experience in matrimonial finance at all levels but her practice has a particular emphasis on difficult disputes of middle to high end value. A significant part of her practice is private law children work: complex residence and contact disputes, international relocation applications, internal relocation cases as well as more discrete specific issue or prohibited steps order applications.
Elizabeth has represented a number of “high profile” clients and regularly appears with and against leading counsel.
She regularly prepares and delivers lectures in on topics relating to both finance and private law children.
What the directories say:
“seriously talented” “tenacious and analytical approach” to family law: Chambers and Partners December 2012
Cases of interest:
- Re J (Costs of Fact-Finding Hearing) EWCA Civ1350  1 FLR 1893
- Re D (Jurisdiction:Programme of Assessment or Therapy)  2 FLR 632
- Re S (Care:Residence:Intervenor)  1 FLR 497
- Leeds City Council v C  1 FLR 269
Appointments and Memberships:
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Former Junior of the South Eastern Circuit
Qualifications and Awards:
- Queen Mary College, University of London (LL.B Hons)
- The Frank and Burriss Gahan Scholarship
- Inner Temple Exhibitioner