Jennifer Perrins is a family law specialist, whose practice encompasses private law children work, divorce and finance. She has particular experience and interest in cases with an international element.
Jennifer’s children practice includes areas such as international child abduction, the Brussels II Revised Regulation, and leave to remove disputes. Jennifer has appeared as junior counsel in three of the recent Supreme Court cases concerning international child abduction. She also regularly deals with private law children cases involving complex issues such as serious allegations of domestic violence / other abuse; intractable contact disputes; expert evidence; and enforcement.
Jennifer deals with all aspects of divorce and matrimonial finance (including Schedule 1 and TLATA applications). She regularly deals with issues such as jurisdiction disputes, foreign divorces, and international enforcement of maintenance (both within and outside the EU).
Jennifer has been recommended in the Legal 500 directory as a leading junior in children work since 2012.
Cases of Interest:
- In Re B (A Child)(Reunite International Child Abduction Centre and Others Intervening)  UKSC 4,  2 WLR 557
- Re S (Habitual Residence and Child Objections: Brazil)  EWCA Civ 2,  2 FLR 1338
- Re H (Abduction: Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 1101,  1 FLR 1132
- In Re L (A Child)(Custody: Habitual Residence)(Reunite International Child Abduction Centre Intervening)  UKSC 75,  AC 1017
- Musa v Karim  EWCA Civ 1332,  Fam Law 16
- Re C (Abduction: Setting Aside Return Order: Remission)  1 FLR 403
- In Re E (Children)(Abduction: Custody Appeal)  UKSC 27,  1 AC 144
Appointments & Memberships:
- CALA Committee Secretary 2017
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincolns Inn
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the South Eastern Circuit
- Member of the South Eastern Bar Mess
- Member of the Sussex Bar Mess
- University of Manchester – LLB Law
- Manchester Metropolitan University – BVC
- Hardwicke Entrance Award – Lincolns Inn