Jennifer Perrins practises in all areas of family law relating to children, finance and divorce.
Jennifer has particular experience and interest in international children matters, including child abduction and other cases with an international element, such as leave to remove applications. Jennifer has appeared as junior counsel in three of the recent Supreme Court cases concerning international child abduction.
Jennifer regularly deals with private law children cases involving complex issues such as: serious allegations of domestic violence or other abuse; intractable contact disputes; and enforcement applications.
Jennifer’s financial practice encompasses matrimonial finance, applications under the Trusts of Land & Appointment of Trustees Act 1996, and Schedule 1 cases. Jennifer also practised in criminal law until 2010, and she has particular experience of financial cases in which there are connected criminal proceedings and Proceeds of Crime Act issues.
Jennifer has been recommended in the Legal 500 directory as a leading junior in children work since 2012.
Cases of Interest:
- (A Child) (Habitual Residence) (Inherent Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 886
- Re H (Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 1101
- Re E (Children) (FC)  UKSC 27
- Re C (Abduction: Setting Aside Return Order: Remission)  1 FLR 403
- In the Matter of KL (A Child)  UKSC 75
Appointments & Memberships:
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincolns Inn
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the South Eastern Circuit
- Member of the South Eastern Bar Mess
- Member of the Sussex Bar Mess
- University of Manchester – LLB Law
- Manchester Metropolitan University – BVC
- Hardwicke Entrance Award – Lincolns Inn