Katherine Kelsey specialises in the following areas of Family Law:
Other Financial Relief: Advising and acting in relation to claims brought under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
Private Law Children: Advising and acting in all areas of private law proceedings. Experience in dealing with complex cases involving internal and external relocation and intractable contact disputes.
“She is extremely thorough in her preparation and able to manage client expectations well.” Legal 500 2016
Katherine is also a qualified Mediator.
What the directories say:
Ranked in the directories as a leading individual for both Finance & Divorce and Private Law Children:
“Appears in complex divorce proceedings for notable individuals of significant wealth. She also acts in private children cases, in particular contact and international relocation cases….She is immensely user-friendly and a very sound family lawyer whose all-round skills belie her relatively low level of call. She produces first-class paperwork and will go far.”
Chambers and Partners 2017
In Private Law Children “She is extremely thorough in her preparation and able to manage client expectations well.” and in Finance & Divorce “Great at putting clients at ease.”
Legal 500 2016
Cases of Interest:
- Rubin v Rubin  EWHC 611 (Fam)
- MAP v MFP  EWHC 627 (Fam)
Appointments and Memberships:
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of Resolution
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
Lectures & Articles:
Katherine regularly gives lectures and seminars on legal topics and she also writes articles and other materials for legal journals.
Qualifications and awards:
- Greyfriars Hall,Oxford University – BA (Hons) Jurisprudence
- Inns of Court School of Law – Bar Vocational Course
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Eastham Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)