Financial Remedies: Advising and acting in all areas of matrimonial finance. Experience in dealing with complex cases involving high net worth and high profile individuals.
Other Financial Relief: Advising and acting in relation to claims brought under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
Private Law Children: Advising and acting in all areas of private law proceedings. Experience in dealing with complex cases involving internal and external relocation and intractable contact disputes.
Katherine is also a qualified Mediator.
What the directories say:
Katherine is ranked in Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 for both finance and children work.
Chambers and Partners 2014 ‘Recommended for both her matrimonial finance and private children law expertise…”She is extremely competent and can handle complex cases beyond her years of experience. She is industrious and insightful in her written work, and in her preparation for court. She also has excellent client-handling skills’
Legal 500 2014 Katherine is ‘Experienced in cases involving the assertion of third-party interests and intervenors’ and ‘Recommended for all types of private law proceedings’
Cases of Interest:
- Rubin v Rubin  EWHC 611 (Fam)
- MAP v MFP  EWHC 627 (Fam)
Appointments and Memberships:
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of Resolution
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Member of the Lincoln’s Inn Denning Society
- Member of the South Eastern Circuit
Katherine regularly gives lectures and seminars on legal topics.
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements: The Approach of the Courts Following Radmacher v Granatino (June 2012)
- High Net Worth Divorces (March 2013)
- Matrimonial Consent Orders and Drafting: A Practical Guide (July 2013)
- Variation of Maintenance (January 2013)
- Schedule 1 and CSA (January 2013)
- Legal Services Orders (July 2014)
- Freezing Orders and Other Emergency Injunctions (September 2014)
- Addiction: A Practical and Tactical Approach (March 2012)
- Private Law Children Update (March 2012)
- Children & Families Act 2014 (April 2014)
- Internal & External Relocation: Are we at a crossroads? (September 2014)
Katherine also writes articles and other materials for Jordan Publishing, Resolution and Practical Law.
Qualifications and awards:
- Greyfriars Hall,Oxford University – BA (Hons) Jurisprudence
- Inns of Court School of Law – Bar Vocational Course
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Eastham Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)