Nicola Fox is a family law barrister specialising in private law children work, matrimonial finance and Schedule 1. She has a particular interest in complex private law children cases and relocation matters. She has appeared at all levels of tribunal and frequently appears against Queen’s Counsel. Nicola is a qualified arbitrator for private children law cases (MCIArb).
She is recommended for matrimonial finance and children work in Chambers and Partners and for children work in the Legal 500.
Prior to coming to the bar, she was a clinical psychologist working with children and a lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry.
Cases of Interest:
- P v P (Financial Remedies: Disclosure)  1 FLR 1003
- Crown Prosecution Service v Anor v Gohil  2 WLR 1123
- C v C (International relocation; shared care arrangement)  2 FLR 701
- J v S (Leave to remove)  EWHC 2098 (Fam)  1 FLR 1694
- Applications under the Schedule 1 – (Jordans) – contributor
- Halsburys Laws – Children law (5th reissue) – contributor
- Butterworths Civil Court Precedents – Matrimonial Finance – contributor
Lectures regularly on all aspects of family finance and private children law.
Appointments & Memberships:
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Member of the SE Circuit
- Deputy District Judge (Civil and Family)
- Member of the Bar Pro Bono Unit (Panel)
Qualifications and Awards:
- University College London
- Institute of Psychiatry/Maudsley Hospital
- City University
- Middle Temple Benefactors’ Scholarship
- Qualified arbitrator for children law cases MCIArb.