Richard Anelay QC
Family Law His Family Law practice includes divorce and children, inheritance and family provision, financial disputes between unmarried couples, child care, adoption, matrimonial finance and property.
Child Care Re KDT (a Minor) (CA)  2 FCR 721 – Appeared for Local Authority in the Court of Appeal. Case concerned whether conditions could be attached to care order. He has represented as QC local authorities, guardians ad litem and parents in various public law cases including sexual abuse, Munchausen syndrome by proxy and attention deficit disorder.
Matrimonial Finance He has advised and represented as QC various husbands and wives in various ancillary relief cases involving big money.
Crime Particularly the area of serious fraud. Also represented various Defendants on charges of rape and indecent assault on children, murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to supply dangerous drugs and general fraud.
Civil Law General common law concentrating on civil actions concerning the police, parliamentary and election law.
Cases of Interest
- R (on the application of O) v Central Criminal Court  EWHC 256 (Admin)
- R v Price 2004 EWCA Crim 1359
Appointments & Memberships
- Recorder: Crown Court (1992)
- Deputy High Court Judge, Family Division (1995)
- Member of the SE Circuit
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association
Qualifications and awards
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Darlington
Bristol University (BA Classics and Philosophy)