Edward began the practising period of his pupillage on 4 April 2022 and accepts instructions in all areas of family law. He will be supervised by Stephen Jarmain for the first portion of his second-six. Edward was previously supervised by Jennifer Perrins and Peter Newman.
Prior to joining chambers in October 2021, Edward worked as a paralegal in a London solicitor’s firm specialising in matrimonial finance and private children law for high net-worth families. His work often involved assisting with cases with an international element, as well as drafting various court documents.
In February 2022, he was appointed by the President of the Family Division, Sir Andrew McFarlane, to a judicial drafting committee tasked with producing guidance for the conduct of fact-finding hearings in private law children cases. The committee is led by Lady Justice Macur and is comprised of judges from various levels within the judiciary.
Preceding his career in law, Edward worked in the music industry as a writer and performer, and taught music to children both privately and in schools in Australia, where he lived before moving to the UK.
He has extensive voluntary experience for organisations such as Families in Care (Newcastle) and the Hammersmith & Fulham Legal Advice Service.
Awards & Scholarships
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn, 2021)
- Full Advocacy Scholarship (BPP Law School, 2019)
- Letter of Commendation for Second Year Results, Durham Law School (2018)
- Durham University, LLB Laws, 1st Class Honours (2016-2019)
- University of Sydney, BA International & Global Studies, Distinction (2013-2015)
- BPP Law School, Bar Professional Training Course, Outstanding (2019-2020)
- Family Law Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn