Andrea has a broad children practice covering care proceedings, adoption, private children proceedings and international cases including abduction. She is an experienced mediator in private children issues. Andrea also deals with cases involving applications for protective orders such as forced marriage protection orders and FGM protection orders as well as non-molestation and occupation orders.
Andrea regularly acts for local authorities, parents, extended family members and children in care proceedings and applications for adoption orders, including leave to oppose applications. She is experienced in dealing with complex cases involving very serious harm such as non-accidental injuries, sexual abuse and chronic neglect. Andrea is qualified as a vulnerable witness advocate through the Inns of Court College of Advocacy and regularly deals with cases involving vulnerable parties/witnesses.
Brighton & Hove City Council v X, Y & Z  EWFC 32 (Fam)
(representing the mother, led by Anna McKenna QC, in High Court care proceedings where a child with a rare genetic condition suffered subdural and retinal hemorrhaging and was ultimately returned to the parents)
A County Council v L  EWHC 730 (Fam)
(representing a Local Authority in care proceedings concerning a victim of child trafficking from Ghana)
Andrea advises and acts for parents, extended family members and children in all types of private children matters. She has particular interest and expertise in cases involving the following:
- Serious allegations of physical, emotional and sexual harm
- Substance misuse
- Mental ill health
- Involvement of local authorities (s.47 investigations, CIN and CP Plans)
- Relocation applications (both international and internal)
- Cases with international elements
- Special Guardianship and adoption applications
- Disputes over parentage, change of name, schooling and religious upbringing
- Modern families (including assisted reproduction, surrogacy and donors)
Re M (Children)  EWCA Civ 891 – representing the mother, led by Frank Feehan QC, in the Court of Appeal on the father’s appeal against a High Court decision refusing to enforce a foreign contact order.
W (A Child – Temporary Removal From the Jurisdiction)  EWFC 45 – representing the father at a rehearing of his application to remove a child to a non-Hague country for a holiday following a successful appeal.
Andrea advises and acts for parents in international children cases and is experienced in dealing with child abduction matters.
Andrea qualified as a mediator in 2011 and is an experienced mediator in private children disputes.
Andrea has experience in handling cases in the Court in the Protection dealing with issues under the Mental Capacity Act relating to the personal welfare and financial affairs of vulnerable people.
David and Barry v Peter  EWCOP 31 – representing the applicants in the Court of Protection on a contested application for the appointment of a deputy for property and affairs.
Andrea is direct access trained and regularly receives instructions directly from members of the public.
Awards and Scholarships
- Hardwicke (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Wolfson (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Sally Ball Award (3 Paper Buildings)
- Keble College International Advanced Advocacy Course (Lincoln’s Inn)
Oxford University (Brasenose College)
- Member of Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocacy trainer for Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children