Clive specialises in all aspects of family law and education law. In public law child cases he represents parents, local authorities and guardians and has acknowledged expertise in complex child abuse cases. In private law child cases, he has considerable experience in cases involving allegations of abuse, intransigent opposition to contact and relocation issues.
Although covering all aspects of education law, Clive most frequently represents higher education students who have grievances against their college or university.
Clive also has a particular interest in employment law and will act for both employers and employees.
- G-L-T (children)  EWCA Civ 7, (successful appeal against a finding of fact made against the father following a 4 week fact finding hearing in complex care proceedings)
- Re Y  (Learning disability case unreported but discussed by Gillian Geddes in Family Law Week 20.9.17)
- Nottingham CC v LM  EWCA Civ. 152 (important case for the proper construction of Article 15 of B2R)
- K (A Child) 2013 EWCA 895 (important case for the proper construction of Article 15 of B2R)
- MA v LB Camden & Others 2012 EWCA Civ 1340 (appeal against the dismissal of an application for revocation of a placement order)
- JFM v Neath Port Talbot BC and others  EWCA Civ 3 (represented a father accused of sexual abuse)
- D(A Child) (Care Proceedings: Expert Evidence)  3 FCR 244 (represented local authority in the Court of Appeal)
- Re B and Another (Children: Allegations of Sexual Abuse: Child’s Evidence)  2 FLR 1071 (represented the child by their guardian in the Court of Appeal)
- Re B (Threshold Croteria: Fabricated Illness)  2 FLR 200 (represented local authority in case involving serious injury to the child)
- Re M and R (Child Abuse: Evidence)  2 FLR 195 (important Court of Appeal decision on the correct approach to the welfare stage in care proceedings)
F–K (A Child)  EWCA Civ 155 (private law contact case representing mother suffering from PTSD)
P–J (Abduction Habitual Residence: Consent)  2 FLR 1051 (leading child abduction case)
- R (Thilakawardhana) v OIA Court of Appeal Judgment handed down on 17 January 2018 (Judicial Review case)
- R (Gopikrishna) v OIA  EWHC 207 Admin (student’s successful application for judicial review of a decision of the OIA)
- Chilab v King’s College London and Sewar 2013 2 Costs LR 191 (third party security for costs)
- Chilab v KCL 2013 EWCA Civ 147 (appeal by student who alleged negligence and breach of contract by the defendant college)
- R (LR) v FtT (HESC) and Herts CC (Costs) 2013 UKUT 0294 (important case on the applicable costs regime in the upper tribunal)
G v G (Financial Provision: Equal Division)  1 FLR 1143 (big money finance case)
Clive has a particular interest in employment law and will act for both employers and employees.
MA (Oxon. First Class Honours)
Working knowledge of French and Greek
Co–editor of Jacksons Matrimonial Finance for the last 5 editions and for the forthcoming new edition