Elle specialises in all areas of family law. She joined chambers as a tenant in October 2019 following completion of her pupillage.
During pupillage, Elle was supervised by Jennifer Perrins, Richard Castle and Stephen Jarmain and witnessed child abduction, private law children and complex matrimonial finance matters. She has also gained experience in public law children work.
Elle acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. During pupillage she was exposed, and assisted with complex financial work with her supervisors, including cases concerning non-matrimonial property, trusts and substantial assets.
Elle accepts instructions in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage she has assisted with many complex private children cases, including relocation disputes.
Elle undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings. During her pupillage she observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Awards and Scholarships
- Certificate of Honour (Middle Temple, 2018)
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship (Middle Temple, 2017)
- Law Faculty Prize for Constitutional Principles of the European Union (University of Oxford, 2017)
- Littleton Chambers Prize for International and European Employment Law (University of Oxford, 2017)
- University of Oxford (BA Jurisprudence, BCL: Distinction)
- City, University of London (BPTC: Outstanding)
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Family Law Bar Association