Elle specialises in all areas of family law. She joined chambers as a tenant in October 2019 following completion of her pupillage.
During pupillage, Elle was supervised by Jennifer Perrins, Richard Castle and Stephen Jarmain and witnessed child abduction, private law children and complex matrimonial finance matters. She has also gained experience in public law children work.
Elle acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. She has experience in cases concerning pre/post-marital assets, contributions and non-disclosure, and has also undertaken work in variation and enforcement.
During pupillage she was exposed to, and assisted with complex financial work with her supervisors, including cases concerning non-matrimonial property, trusts and substantial assets.
Elle accepts instructions in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. She has experience in cases involving serious domestic abuse, parental alienation and rule 16.4 guardians, as well as cases in which experts.
During pupillage she has assisted with many complex private children cases, including relocation disputes.
Elle undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings and has a particular interest in this area. During her pupillage she observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Elle undertakes cases in public law proceedings on behalf of local authorities, parents and guardians. She has experience in cases involving substance misuse, domestic abuse and neglect.
Awards and Scholarships
- Certificate of Honour (Middle Temple, 2018)
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship (Middle Temple, 2017)
- Law Faculty Prize for Constitutional Principles of the European Union (University of Oxford, 2017)
- Littleton Chambers Prize for International and European Employment Law (University of Oxford, 2017)
- University of Oxford (BA Jurisprudence, BCL: Distinction)
- City, University of London (BPTC: Outstanding)
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Family Law Bar Association