Imogen specialises in all areas of family law and has experience appearing at all levels including the High Court.
Prior to joining chambers Imogen was a paralegal at a busy London law firm dealing directly with clients in private law children, care and international child abduction matters. She undertook her own advocacy. During pupillage Imogen was supervised by Nicholas Anderson, Peter Newman and Victoria Green. She gained experience in complex matrimonial finance matters, private and public law children.
Imogen acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. During pupillage she was exposed, and assisted with complex financial work with all three of her supervisors, including cases concerning pre-nuptial agreements and non-matrimonial property.
Imogen acts on behalf of parents in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage she has witnessed many complex private children cases, and has seen such work with all three of her supervisors.
Imogen undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings. During her pupillage she observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Imogen accepts instructions from members of the public on a direct access basis.
Reputation & Awards
'...She handles complicated matters and vulnerable clients with the utmost ease.'Legal 500, 2023 - Rising Star
‘Imogen’s strength is her professionalism and attention to detail, which is second to none. She always thinks two steps ahead and is excellent star in the making.’ – Legal 500, 2024
‘Imogen has an excellent client manner and is well-liked by clients. She is efficient and pragmatic. She is constantly looking for a way forward and helps move matters along. Her written work is exceptional.’ -Legal 500, 2024
‘Imogen is a very skilled advocate with emotional intelligence and unflappable advocacy skills beyond her year of call. She handles complicated matters and vulnerable clients with the utmost ease.’ -Legal 500, 2023 – Rising Star Tier 1
Awards and Scholarships
- Evan Ashfield Memorial Prize, City Law School, July 2015
- Bedingfield Scholarship, Gray’s Inn 2014-2015
- David Karmel Entrance Award, Gray’s Inn 2013-2014
- William Fagg Prize (for academic excellence), Cambridge University 2010
- City Law School (Sept 2014 – July 2015) BPTC, Outstanding
- City University (Sept 2013-June 2014) GDL
- Imperial College, London (2010-2011) Environmental Technology MSc
- Magdalene College, Cambridge (2007- 2010) Archaeology & Anthropology, Double First
- Westminster School (2005 –2007)
- North London Collegiate School (2000 – 2005)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Child Abduction Lawyers Association
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn.