Imogen specialises in all areas of family law. During the first six months of pupillage Imogen was supervised by Nicholas Anderson and Peter Newman. Imogen is now in the second six months of pupillage and is therefore ‘on her feet’ and able to receive instructions. She has accepted a tenancy in chambers starting in October 2018. She is currently supervised by Victoria Green. Prior to pupillage Imogen was a paralegal at a busy London law firm dealing directly with clients in private law children, care and international child abduction matters.
Imogen acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. During pupillage she was exposed, and assisted with complex financial work with all three of her supervisors, including cases concerning pre-nuptial agreements and non-matrimonial property.
Imogen acts on behalf of parents in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage she has witnessed many complex private children cases, and has seen such work with all three of her supervisors.
Imogen undertakes cases in public law proceedings on behalf of Local Authorities, parents, Guardians, and other family members. During pupillage she witnessed a variety of cases, including cases concerning non-accidental injury and neglect.
Imogen undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings. During her pupillage she observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Awards and Scholarships
- Evan Ashfield Memorial Prize, City Law School, July 2015
- Bedingfield Scholarship, Gray’s Inn 2014-2015
- David Karmel Entrance Award, Gray’s Inn 2013-2014
- William Fagg Prize (for academic excellence), Cambridge University 2010
- City Law School (Sept 2014 – July 2015) BPTC, Outstanding
- City University (Sept 2013-June 2014) GDL
- Imperial College, London (2010-2011) Environmental Technology MSc
- Magdalene College, Cambridge (2007- 2010) Archaeology & Anthropology, Double First
- Westminster School (2005 –2007)
- North London Collegiate School (2000 – 2005)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Child Abduction Lawyers Association
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn.