Joseph accepts instructions in all areas of family law, and has been instructed on a range of matrimonial finance, private children, public children and international matters. He has already appeared as sole counsel in the High Court, and has assisted members of chambers up to the Court of Appeal.
Joseph brings a wealth of prior-experience to his career as a barrister. He was a recipient of a full scholarship to fund an LL.M. at Yale Law School, and worked on family and fertility law matters in the United States. Joseph formerly ran the School Exclusion Project for two years, where he represented parents of children facing permanent exclusion in a range of first instance and appeal hearings.
Joseph accepts instructions in all aspects of financial remedy proceedings, including Part III claims and Schedule 1 cases. He has assisted in complex matters, including high net wealth cases, cases with international elements, and complex business structures. Joseph has developed his experience as sole counsel in issues ranging from injunctions, to cases of non-disclosure and non-marital assets.
Joseph acts on behalf of all parties in private children disputes, ranging from contact, education, relocation and residence, and issues of parental responsibility.
Joseph accepts instructions in all stages of child abduction work. In pupillage, he assisted members of chambers in cases up to the Court of Appeal. In his own capacity, he has secured the successful return of children to England under the inherent jurisdiction, and has experience of out-of-hours applications.
Joseph accepts instructions in public law proceedings, and has experience in representing a range of parties, including parents and Local Authorities.
Awards and Scholarships
- Mellon Fellowship (Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Yale Law School)
- James Crouch Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)
- David Karmel Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)
- FLAGS Award for LGBT Studies (Yale University)
- Academic Scholarship (Clare College, University of Cambridge)
- College Examinations Prize (Clare College, University of Cambridge)
- Yale Law School, LL.M. (2022)
- City University, Bar Vocational Studies, Distinction (2021)
- City University, Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction (2020)
- Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, MA American Studies (2017-2019)
- University of Cambridge, BA History (2014-2017)
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Family Law Bar Association