Charles Richardson joined chambers as a tenant in October 2023 after successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of George Gordon, Peter Newman and Jennifer Perrins. Charles accepts instructions in all areas of family law.
Prior to starting pupillage, Charles worked as a paralegal at a boutique London law firm specialising in high net worth matrimonial finance, often with an international element. He assisted with a variety of cases, gaining experience in multiple areas of family law including private law children and international child abduction proceedings.
Whilst pursuing his legal studies, Charles volunteered with the Schools Consent Project, where he led workshops in secondary schools discussing the law relating to sexual consent. He also mooted extensively, including as a finalist in the international Monroe Price Media Law competition, and volunteered with Big Voice London as a mooting mentor to aspiring young lawyers from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Awards and scholarships
- Queen Mother Scholarship (Middle Temple, 2021)
- Queen Mother Scholarship (Middle Temple, 2020)
- Jesus College Scholarship (University of Cambridge, 2020)
- Jesus College Scholarship (University of Cambridge, 2019)
- Jesus College Prize for Part I History (University of Cambridge, 2019)
- Jesus College, University of Cambridge, BA (2018-2020): Double First
- City, University of London, Graduate Diploma in Law (2021): Distinction
- Inns of Court College of Advocacy, Bar Vocational Training Course (2022)
- Family Law Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple