Tadhgh specialises in all areas of family law. He joined chambers as a tenant in October 2020 following completion of his pupillage.
During his pupillage Tadhgh witnessed complex matrimonial finance, private and public law children work, and child abduction matters while supervised by Nicholas Anderson, Victoria Green, Peter Newman and Charlotte Hartley.
Prior to law Tadhgh worked as an Actor and an Educational Consultant. He has extensive experience of working with international and high net worth families, as well as those with children who have special educational needs and specific health or religious requirements.
Tadhgh acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. During pupillage he has observed and helped with complex financial work with his supervisors, including cases concerning non-matrimonial property, trusts, pre-nuptial agreements, religious divorce, and substantial assets Part III claims.
Tadhgh undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings. During his pupillage he has observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Tadhgh accepts instructions in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation, and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage he assisted with many complex private children cases, including relocation disputes and families within religious communities.
Tadhgh accepts instructions in public law proceedings on behalf of Guardians, Local Authorities, parents, and other family members. During pupillage he witnessed a variety of cases, including cases concerning non-accidental injury, transfer to another jurisdiction, neglect, and intra-sibling abuse.
Awards and Scholarships
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn, 2019)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn, 2018)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn, 2017)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn, 2017)
- McMahon Law Studentship (St. John’s College, Cambridge, 2018-2021)
- Full Advocacy Scholarship (BPP Law School, 2018)
- St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, MA (2008-2011)
- City, University of London, GDL (2017-2018)
- BPP Law School (2018-2019) Bar Professional Training Course: Outstanding, and LLM: Distinction. (Highest Advocacy Grade in the Year.)
- Family Law Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn