Victoria is currently a pupil in chambers and is undertaking her ‘second six’ under the supervision of Peter Newman, and has accepted a tenancy in chambers starting in October 2018. She is able to accept instructions in all aspects of family law. In her first six months’ of pupillage, she was supervised by Victoria Green and Nicholas Anderson and saw cases involving all types of family law, including complex matrimonial finance cases and public/private children work at all levels up to the Court of Appeal.
Victoria acts on behalf of parents in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage she has witnessed many complex private children cases, and has seen such work with all three of her supervisors.
Victoria acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including matrimonial finance, enforcement, applications pursuant to TOLATA 1996, and applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. During pupillage she was exposed, and assisted with complex financial work with all three of her supervisors, including cases concerning pre-nuptial agreements and non-matrimonial property.
Victoria undertakes cases in public law proceedings on behalf of Local Authorities, parents, Guardians, and other family members. During pupillage she witnessed a variety of cases, including cases concerning non-accidental injury and neglect.
Victoria undertakes cases at every stage of child abduction proceedings. During her pupillage she observed and helped with cases involving the Hague Convention and Brussels II Revised, including on an ex parte basis and contested final hearings.
Awards and Scholarships
- Lincoln’s Inn Sunley Scholarship
- Lincoln’s Inn Buchanan Prize
- Lincoln’s Inn Lord Denning Scholarship
- Lincoln’s Inn Hardwicke Entrance Award
- Newnham College Kemp Grant
- Newnham College Examination Prize
- Corpus Christi Academic Scholarship
- University of Oxford (BA in Jurisprudence: First Class)
- University of Cambridge (LLM: First Class)
- BPP Law School (BPTC: Outstanding)
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn