Frances is a specialist in family law and her practice reflects the broad range of Chambers’ expertise.
Frances practises in all aspects of family finance, including applications pursuant to Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 and TOLATA 1996. She frequently represents spouses, co-habitants and civil partners at all stages of proceedings, including final hearings.
Frances also advises and appears in matters related to financial proceedings, including interim remedies and freezing orders, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and enforcement.
Private Law Children
Frances has a busy private law children practice. She is regularly instructed in cases involving allegations of serious domestic abuse or parental alienation and those with an international element.
Public Law Children
Frances acts for parents, extended family members and local authorities in public law children cases. She has experience of cases involving complex mental health issues, drug misuse and allegations of violence.
Frances appears in the High Court in cases involving international child abduction. She is able to represent parties at short notice as a member of 1 KBW’s Duty Counsel Scheme.
Domestic Violence and injunctions
Frances acts in injunctive proceedings arising from allegations of serious domestic abuse.
Education and Awards
- University of Cambridge, Jesus College: MA inLaw
- Kaplan Law School: Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent)
- Lord Justice Holker Award, Gray’s Inn
- Gray’s Inn Residential Scholarship
- First prize in the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers Marion Simmonds QC Essay Competition 2012
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association