Emma joined chambers as a tenant in October 2019, following successful completion of her pupillage under the supervision of Richard Castle, Stephen Jarmain and Jennifer Perrins. Emma accepts instructions in all areas of family law and has experience appearing at all levels up to and including the High Court.
Prior to joining chambers, Emma was a paralegal at a top London family law firm. She managed a busy caseload and gained experience in multiple areas of family law including matrimonial finance, private law children and international child abduction proceedings.
Emma acts in all aspects of family finance proceedings, including financial remedies and Schedule 1 of the Children Act. During pupillage she was exposed to, and assisted with complex financial work with all three of her supervisors, including cases concerning substantial assets and non-matrimonial property.
Emma acts on behalf of parents in private children disputes concerning contact, residence, relocation and all aspects of parental responsibility. During pupillage she has witnessed many complex private children cases, and has seen such work with her supervisors.
Emma accepts instructions in public law proceedings on behalf of Local Authorities, parents, Guardians, and other family members. During pupillage she witnessed a variety of cases, including cases concerning non-accidental injury, neglect and fabricated or induced illness.
Emma is available to instruct in all stages of child abduction work, including ex parte hearings. She also has experience appearing in applications in relation to Forced Marriage Protection Orders.
Awards and Scholarships
- Middle Temple – Harmsworth Scholarship (2016)
- Middle Temple – Blackstone Entrance Exhibition (2016)
- Durham University – Lady Hale Prize in Law and Gender (2016)
- BPP Law School – Advocacy Scholarship (2016)
- BPP Law School – Excellence Award (2016)
- Durham University (2013 – 2016) LLB Law, First Class Honours
- BPP Law School (2016 – 2017) Bar Professional Training Course
- Family Law Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple